‘It’s possible for the person to have an overwhelming number of things to do and still function productively with a clear head and a positive sense of relaxed control’
An excellent book – Getting Things Done by David Allen teaches you how to get your everyday hectic schedule organized, in a way that frees up your mind that in turn leaves you with a more productive & creative less stressful life.
David breaks it all down into an easy to follow system. Reading through I quickly discovered for me one of the biggest causes of my uneasy mind and anxious feelings were for the most part down to unfinished tasks & goals floating around my head, popping up over and over until they are completed.
- Follow the ‘do it, delegate it, defer it, drop it’ principle to empty your in-tray
- Handle e-mail, paperwork and unexpected demands more efficiently
- Plan and progress projects quickly and effectively
- Reassess your goals and learn to prioritise
- Apply the 2-minute rule when deciding what to do now and what to defer
- Overcome feelings of stress and anxiety
The system allows you to get it out of your head and written down in an organized, powerful system, where they can be dealt with later, which in turn frees your mind up to focus on the present.
Easy to apply to your own circumstances and easily applied to the more modern computer-based digital setups. In short this book is life changing.
Pick up your copy here
There is also a great article and podcast by John Jonas on how he applies the system to his smartphone.